Industrial bakery 'Korn'
The large bakery, Korn’s, is situated in the city of Gorna in Bulgaria.
The well-run business is eager to deliver excellent baking quality at a consistently high level. It operates 24 hours a day with two continuous furnaces. The product quality is continuously checked by in-house quality control officers. A persistent rationalisation of the business was achieved by the new raw material processing facility.
The objectives of automation
The components of automation
- Flour and water should be automatically conveyed to two kneading points and weighed. In addition other hand-added ingredients such as salt, yeast, etc., should be weighed by an online ingredient scale based on the recipe and controlled by the computer.
- The delivered flour should be manageable by a silo weighing machine and raw material access accounting.
- The delivery, storage, conveyance and processing of raw materials should be hygienic and extensively dust-free.
- The dough temperature controls should ensure the dough quality.
- A traceability of raw materials and recipes with evaluations and statistics should also be available at the office.
Components of automation
The components of automation
The large components consist of 3 square outdoor silos insulated with aluminium fluidised bed discharge and a discharge capacity of 6 to/h. The total silo capacity amounts to 120 tonnes of flour. The silo filter consists of cover filter. The silos are situated outside the bakery on a concrete foundation. The silo bulking and flour feeding is pneumatically carried out by blowers from the machine room. The silo filing takes place by a pipeline for each silo with additional tank lorry overfill protection linked to the full signal. Under each of the silo cells is situated a silo weighing machine for checking the flour delivery and contents. Moreover a tank lorry presieve is integrated in each of the filling pipeline.
The flour feeder system consists of a feeder line to the bakery with branching to two target points for acceptance in the same finish as the first. The hourly capacity of the flour feeder lines amounts to 6 to/h.
Two water mixing and metering equipments for hot, cold and icy water are provided at both target points. A dough temperature control system is additionally included with appropriate temperature sensors.
The weighing of flour is done in two hopper weighing machines with standard filters. The weighing machines are pneumatically filled. Each has a capacity of 150 kg. These weighing machines are situated in the production room. A dust suction hood with exhaust and infeed for water equipment are situated below the flour weighing machines. The target point has an online hand-add ingredient scale controlled by the recipe computer for other ingredients like salt, yeast, raisins, spices, nuts, fat, ice, etc. Small ingredient containers are integrated in the hand-add ingredient scale table.
Two dust-adjustable exhaust systems suck the dust from the 2 suction hoods over the kneaders at the target points.
The load control of the facility is performed decentrally in 5 switch cabinets. The Backcontrol software is used. Two 15” touch-screen command units have links to the office and remote maintenance.